The Secret of Having Many Eyes!
We all have a pair of eyes! Don’t we! But here I am to disprove that we don’t have a single pair of eyes but we have many. This post will enlighten you to open the many “Eyes” that God has blessed us with and not just one as we know.
Genesis 3:6 – So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
Adam and Eve had the eyes of divinity given by their Creator when they were created as divine human beings. These eyes did not see bloodshed, were not evil and wicked but were like God’s. It’s when Adam and Eve sinned they became blind to the eye of divinity and their carnal eye was opened to see their nakedness, shame, and every other form of evil possible. Here itself, we see two eyes being present in man. The eye of God and the eye of Man are two different eyes as we see above.
The human eye plays a very vital role in our human body. The eye is the gateway to light and knowledge. Jesus talked about the importance of the eye, “Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness.” (Luke 11:34 ESV)
The above verse talks again about two eyes in us, viz., the Healthy Eye and the Bad Eye. The Healthy eye is the eye full of Light and the bad eye is the eye full of darkness. That’s what it says!
There’s a great deal of discussion, teaching on each ‘Good Eye’ and ‘Bad Eye’ that needs to be discussed that is out of the purview of this post. However, do listen to my Podcast (link given below) to know details on how to understand, open, operate and function in the divine eye, good eye that God has bestowed to us in His Grace. However, in this post, I wish to Categorize and list the different eyes as below:
Good Eye/Spiritual Eye
- Eyes that look at the Heart – 1 Samuel 16:7
- Eyes of Revelation – Psalms 119:18, Revelations 1:1-20
- Eyes of Enlightenment or Understanding – Ephesians 1:16-21, Proverbs 13:2-3, Revelations 3 18, mark 8 17 to 18, John 9:39, Acts 26:18, Luke 24:30-31
- The Eye of Faith – Psalms 121:1, Hebrews 12:2, Luke 18:13
- The Eye of Direction – Psalms 32:8
- The Eye of Generosity – proverbs 22 9
- The Eye of Worship – Psalms 63:2, Psalms 121:1
The Evil Eye
- The Eye of Vanity – Psalms 101:3, Psalms 119:37, 1 John 2:16
- The Eye of Lust – Matthew 5:28, Job 31:1, 1 John 2:16, Peter 214
- The Eye of Pride – Proverbs 21:4, 1 John 2:16
- The Carnal Eye – Proverbs 16:1-33, isaiah 521
- The Eye of Hypocrisy – Matthew 7:3
- The Eye of Revenge – Exodus 21:22-25
- The Eye of spiritual blindness – Isaiah 6:10, John 12:40, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4