[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.2.1″ background_color=”#e5e5e5″ custom_padding=”45px|0px|36px|0px|false|false” custom_margin=”|||” next_background_color=”#ffffff”][et_pb_row make_fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”3.2.1″ module_alignment=”center”][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image src=”http://www.shofartabernacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/jezebel.jpg” align=”center” force_fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”3.4.1″ /][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_divider show_divider=”off” disabled_on=”on|on|off” _builder_version=”3.2.1″ custom_margin=”80px|||” /][et_pb_divider color=”#1c3052″ _builder_version=”3.2.1″ /][et_pb_post_title comments=”off” featured_image=”off” _builder_version=”3.2.1″ title_font=”Trajan Pro|500|||||||” title_font_size=”35px” title_font_size_last_edited=”on|phone” meta_font=”||||||||” meta_font_size=”21px” meta_font_size_last_edited=”on|desktop” text_orientation=”center” /][et_pb_divider color=”#1c3052″ _builder_version=”3.2.1″ /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ prev_background_color=”#e5e5e5″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.15″ text_font=”Lato||||||||” text_font_size=”20px” text_letter_spacing=”1px” text_letter_spacing_last_edited=”on|desktop”]
The spirit of Jezebel as we see in the Old Testament, reappears again in the Church of Thyatira mentioned by our Lord Jesus in the Book of Revelations in the New Testament.
Revelations 2:20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
Here we find the same things repeated as in the Old Testament where Jezebel is mentioned along with a another sin that was left out – Sexual Immorality.
Here too, Servants of God are the Target, Witchcraft and Idolatry are the methods, seducing and sexual immorality are the traps of defilement used by Jezebel (a type of woman) to bring down the Servants of God.
So we find that the Jezebel spirit is a threat to the Church of God and it’s growth. We will now see how to overcome and secure ourselves from the spirit of Jezebel.
1. Word of God & Prayer will help us with spiritual weapons to disempower the spirit of Jezebel by Divine Intervention.
2. The Spirit upon Elijah or the Anointing of Elijah or in other words the Anointing of the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:38) can break and shatter the spirit of Jezebel. Elijah anointed Elisha who prophesied Jehu to be King and execute Jezebel. God’s Anointing can destroy Jezebel by divine strategy.
3. Strong family life and unity can deter and expose the plans of the spirit of Jezebel against Servants of God. This can prevent sexual immorality.
4. Servants of God must identify and take their spiritual authority and cast the woman Jezebel (one who rebels, challenges authority etc) out of the Church before things go out of hand.
5. Servants of God are most vulnerable at their lowest times, during a emotional distress or while going through some depression. During such times, we should Guard our Heart to be present with the Lord and abide by the Word. During such an attack, we must have someone to speak out the danger and find spiritual solace and guidance, it could be our spouse, a close spiritual associate or friend or mentor or relative.
During my years as a Pastor, I have seen and heard about many such sad cases of the attacks of the spirit of Jezebel on God’s Servants because of their failure to identify, discern, secure and pray against the spirit of Jezebel.
Remember, we can overcome the enemy and the first step is to Identify and Expose. I did just that! Amen!
For any further help on the topic, feel free to contact me.
Victory and Peace to you in Jesus Name. Amen!